Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can we Help?


One of the main reasons I chose to focus on the rising issue of homelessness, is because I heard the plights of many homeless people via my mother who is a social worker. Her job is to give out 500 dollars a month to people who do not have homes.

Street life is hard. She has told me many stories about certain clients, and then has later disclose they are dead. Homeless people are often beaten to death, or more commonly die of drug overdose. Often times the shelter's that are provided by the Canadian government are just as dangerous. The women and men are often subject to rape, and their possessions are continually stolen.

I purpose that the Canadian government give more money to these homeless people or provide other means of housing. It quite depressing when we think of the harsh realities some Canadians must face.

No comments:

Post a Comment